No one thinks differently about France being a god gifted country when it comes to beauty among any European destinations.
France is adorned with nature and can be considered a model country in terms of modern development as well.
There are numbers of places to visit in France, may be more than 100. Here we are going to pick some top rated French destinations that will definitely fascinate you.
Let's take a closer looks at some of the fascinating places to visit in France.
Being the capital of a world famous country like France, it is as popular as its fashion, art, gastronomy and culture.
The wide boulevards on both sides of the Seine river and the magnificent 32 bridges built over the river, popular Eiffel Tower, and the exemplary skyscrapers in the millions have made Paris one of the most amazing cities in the world.
Why to visit Paris? To answer this question, we have tried to include 3 best reasons here.
- The Eiffel Tower:- Enjoying the panoramic views of the city of Paris from three levels, this Eiffel Tower is an invaluable feature of the city of Paris and France.
- The Musee du Louvre :- Known as the Royal Paris, this museum is visited by 10 million tourists every year.
- The Versailles Palace :- With 700 rooms, this majestic palace is one of the largest in the world. This place where thousands of tourists gather can be a place to visit for a day.
Apart from these Latin Quarter, Seine River – Beaches, Cruises, & More, Montmartre and Sacré Coeur, Musée d’Orsay, Arc de Triomphe, Pompidou Center, and Luxembourg Garden are many other places that will give you a real taste of Paris.
2. French Riviera
Another name for the French Riviera is Cote d’Azur, which is the Mediterranean coast of southeastern France.
To visit the French Riviera is to visit Monaco. Now you probably remember Casinos.
In fact, this place is also called the arena of casinos.
The three major attractions of the French Riviera are;
- Promenade des Anglais : – On one side there are wide roads and on the other side there is a beautiful beach, in the middle there is an open space for walking which is constantly busy with promenades, dog-walkers, joggers, cyclists, skaters and sight-seers sitting on the iconic blue chairs to enjoy the deep azure of the sea .
- Ile Sainte-Marguerite :- Abounding with eucalyptus and pines, Ile Sainte-Marguerite is around 1 kilometer long seashore. For evening walks, it doesn’t matter if the place is called a paradise on earth.
- Massena Square :- It’s a massive, open square at the bottom of L’avenue Jean-Médecin; just a little bit past it is Vieux Nice and the Mediterranean.
In addition to these names, the places to see and walk in the French Riviera are Mt. Boron, Place Garibaldi, Castle Hill, Cours Saleya Flower Market, Nice Old Town, Palais des Festivals et des Congrès, and La Croisette Boulevard.
Famous for France’s finest prehistoric cave art, the Dordogne area is a perfect choice for scenic villages, natural beauty and secluded visitors.
The rich food of this place can also captivate the mind of every tourist and it will prove to be a very attractive place for nature and natural photo lovers.
Located in the southwestern part of France, between Paris and the Pyrenees, the major attractions of the region are:
- Domme :- A very popular tourist destination in the Dordogne which is located high above the Dordogne River and valley on a rocky outcrop with stunning views across the Dordogne Valley.
- Sarlat :- Sarlat has a large number of tourist attractions, including a magnificent cathedral, city square surrounded by old houses and a very popular tourist attraction – Sarlat Market.
- Les Eyzies :- It is a small town on the banks of the Vezere River in the Dordogne department of France. Les Eyzies is very popular for the caves and grottes that surround the town.
Eyrignac Manor Gardens, Bergerac City, Solo Heritage Pass, and Lascaux are the other main attractions of Dordogne.
4. The Loire Valley
Covering an area of about 800 square kilometers, The Loire Valley is located in the middle of the Loire River and in both administrative regions, Pays de la Loire and Center-Val de Loire.
It is well known for its abundant produce, famed wine industry, vibrant culture and stunning chateaux.
Three of the best attractions in The Loire Valley are;
- Terra Botanica : – This place is very suitable for children. It is also famous for adventure, games and different types of rides for the whole family.
- The Grand Elephant of Nantes : – The 12 meter high mechanical elephant built in Ile de Nantes entertains everyone from children to young and old.
- Chemins de la Rose :- Located in Doué la Fontaine, this beautiful fragrant garden is described as France’s rose-growing capital.
Apart from these Chateau de Chambord, Parc Oriental de Maulevrier, Loire-Anjou-Touraine Regional National Park, Contemporary Creation Centre Olivier Debre, Chartres Cathedral, and Loire Valley Lakes are other major attractions of The Loire Valley.
Located on the Pebble bank of the Bei des Anges in southern France, this beautiful city is also known as the capital of the Alps-Maritime Department.
If someone calls this place heaven on earth, the name used for this place does not seem to be misunderstood from any point of view.
One of the major attractions of the city of Nice is the artists born in this place and the valuable paintings they left behind to enrich human civilization.
The three major attractions of Nice city are;
- Promenade des Anglais :- this beautiful seashore is a grand walkway next to the Mediterranean and It’s been an integral part of Nice city life.
- Vieille Ville :- Popular as an old and historic city, the place is famous for its restaurants and food.
- Parc Phoenix :- This place is famous for flora and fauna. It has a special significance for taking photos and enjoying nature and vegetation.
Apart from these Parc de la Colline du Château, Musée Marc Chagall, Nice Cathedral, Cours Saleya Market, Musée Masséna, and Cap-Ferrat are many other places that will make your visit more entertaining.
Marseille is a port city which is located in the southern part of France and is considered to be one of the most important cities in terms of immigration and trade.
VX-Port is the heart of the city, where fishermen run a fishing and selling business.
The modern landmarks include Le Corbusier’s impressive City Radius complex and Zaha Hadid’s CMA CGM tower.
The three major attractions of Marseille are;
- Vieux Port :- The crystal clear blue-water-filled old harbor is located west of Marseille, near Canberra Boulevard.
- Calanques National Park :- For outdoor sports such as swimming, kayaking, rock climbing and hiking connoisseurs, there is a lot of activity in this national park.
- Cathedrale de la Major :- Decorated with precious stones and marble, the interior decoration of this magnificent church can enchant anyone.
Lyon, the capital city of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region, is located at the confluence of the Rhine and Sane rivers in the eastern part of France.
Visited by millions of tourists every year, it is considered to be the second most attractive city after Paris.
Why to visit Lyon? To answer this question, we have tried to include 3 best reasons here.
- Musee des Beaux Arts :- The Musée des Beaux Arts is one of the most important cultural heritage sites in France, behind the Louvre.
- Musee de la Civilisation Gallo-Romaine :- This excellent museum of archeology displays Gallo-Roman era objects, including spears, gravestones, mosaics, statues, coins, and ceramics, and serves as an important tourist attraction in France.
- Primatiale Cathedrale Saint-Jean Baptiste :- The interior of the cathedral fascinates you as much as the exterior of it. To enjoy this glorious building from the outside, go to the embankment near Bonaparte and stand there to observe its magnificent structure.
Quartier Saint-Jean and Quartier Saint-George, Gourmet Restaurants, Culinary Boutiques, Colline de la Croix-Rousse, Presqu’ile District, Musée des Tissus et des Arts Décoratifs, and Parc de la Tête d’Or re some of the other important attractions in Lyon.
The capital of the Grand Est region, this beautiful city of Strasbourg is located near the German border in eastern France.
Strasbourg is still a multicultural cultural city today, with exceptional museums of fine art, archeology, and traditional Alsatian crafts.
The three major attractions of Strasbourg are;
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame :- Popular architecture throughout Europe is Gothic architecture, and it is considered one of the most beautiful monuments of architecture, with the Notre-Dame Cathedral presiding over its flying tower in Strasbourg.
- Streets of Quartier des Tanneurs :- Streets of Quartier des Tanneurs is the most picturesque street of the place, Witch has a quaint riverside ambience.
- Eglise Saint-Pierre-le-Jeune :-This is one of the most popular church in France which serves as a Protestant church and hosts traditional religious services, concerts, and guided visits on various themes.
Historical Museum, the Quartier Krutenau, Du Marché-aux-Cochons-de-Lait, Musée Alsacien, Palais Rohan, Maison de l’Oeuvre Notre-Dame, and Eglise de Saint-Thomas are other significant tourist ttractions of Strasbourg.
Located on the banks of the Garonne River in southwestern France, the town of Bordeaux has long been known as the center of the famous wine-producing region.
One of the main tourist attractions is the city of Bordeaux, known for its 19th-century mansions and notable art museums such as the Musée des Beaux-Arts de Bordeaux.
The three important attractions that should not be missed while touring Bordeaux are ;
- Cathédrale Saint-André :- A place of historical importance and a UNESCO World Heritage Site is part of the medieval Route of Saint James pilgrimage trail.
- The Grand Théâtre :- The Grand Théâtre is one of the city’s most emblematic buildings which is famous for ballet, opera performance, or music recital.
- Place de la Bourse :- One of the most magnificent examples found as a palace which is also called a “masterpiece of creativity.”
Basilique Saint-Seurin, Basilique Saint-Michel, Musée des Beaux-Arts, Musée d’Aquitaine, Esplanade des Quinconces, Palais Gallien, and Pont de Pierre are some other important attractions of Bordeaux.
10. Mont Saint-Michel
Mont Saint-Michel, this place is famous for two main reasons.
Firstly, it is one of the most beautiful places to visit in France, and secondly, it is also the shooting place of the world famous English movie Harry Potter.
The journey from Paris to Mont Saint-Michel takes 176 miles by train.
But as the journey takes place amidst the scenic beauty, this journey is considered to be one of the most enjoyable journeys in the world.
Here are three major attractions of
- Abbaye du Mont Saint-Michel :- The abbey of Mont Saint-Michel is truly a miraculous example of medieval architecture. This last pilgrimage from the Middle Ages to the present day is also called “Heavenly Jerusalem” and “Pyramid of the Seas”.
- Ramparts :- It is a fort, which has a history of defending the country by fighting against enemies who came to fight.
- Grand Rue :-This is the only street that runs parallel to the Ramparts, this cobblestone pathway takes visitors through the medieval village of Mont Saint-Michel.
Mont Saint-Michel Pilgrimages, La Mère Poulard, Mont Saint-Michel Bay, and Chateau de Fougeres are other important tourist attractions of Mont Saint-Michel.
Conclusion: Top 10 places to visit in France
Maybe we have to spend years visiting beautiful and vast countries like France.
Here are some great destinations under the title of “Top 10 places to visit in France” that will make it easy for tourists who want to take advantage of the limited time to visit some of the most beautiful places in France.
Although the name of Paris immediately comes to the mind of anyone who wants to visit France, France is a treasure trove of many other cities and beautiful places that are as magnificent and beautiful as Paris.
Places like Marseille, Lyon, Bordeaux, Nice or the French Riviera will always confirm that the decision to tour France was never wrong.
Blogger’s opinion about: Top 10 places to visit in France
“Top 10 places to visit in France” has become a very limited boundary to present countless beautiful places around the vast kingdom of France. As far as selection is concerned, I have tried to find and pick the best ones.
I hope my efforts will be helpful to you.
If you have any recommendations while choosing the places to visit in France, or if you have any complaints or suggestions after visiting these places, please feel free to leave your comments.
Wish you all the best.